Stich by stitch, the castle is growing. In the original mirror from Metropolitan Museum it was located on the right side corner but in my version, I have moved it in the middle of the design under the sun and clouds, because I didn't like too much the lady that was in that position in the model. So I just have to copy from the old one..."just"...well is not so easy specially for the colour matching. But I think is coming out nicely.
|The original castle from Metropolitan|
The wall is made in corded detached buttonhole worked separately then couched on the ground with a little stuffing.
The green ground is made in brick stitch over a 35ct linen then cut and applied, again with only a thin layer of felt under.
The wall of the building is also made like the pink wall in corded detached buttonhole stitched in different shades of brown with a bit more of padding to add dimensionality.
As you can see I'm working together different parts to better understand the colour placement and for not loosing the the "sense" of the whole thing. So only the rabbit on its ground is really finished.
There's still a lot to do....and the little dog on the right also has a ground to stand on ! It's made like in the original, a multicoloured Trellis stitch that I have learned on Sue Tortoise wonderful Blog:
thanks Sue for your lovely post !
|In the daylight.|
|The whole looking.|